Do you suffer from headaches, jaw pain or any of the following symptoms?
- Headache, jaw, ear, or facial pain?
- Waking headaches?
- Being unable to open the mouth comfortably?
- Clicking, popping or grating sounds in the jaw joint?
- Locking of the jaw when attempting to open the mouth?
- A bite that feels uncomfortable or “off”?
- Neck, shoulder and back pain?
- Swelling on the side of the face?
- Ringing in the ears or ear pain?
- Decreased hearing?
- Dizziness and vision problems or other similar problems?
If so you may be one of the many undiagnosed TMD Syndrome sufferers. Fortunately for you and other sufferers, after TMD diagnosis we can help you get out of pain.
TMJ is short for the Temporomandibular Joint. When these joints are in proper alignment with the skull, the result is a well-synchronised muscle action. Essential in many ways, these joints enable us to open and close our mouths as well as chew, breathe, swallow, talk, kiss and yawn.
Temporomandibular Joints are finely tuned and it is very easy for problems like misalignment, degeneration and displacement of the parts of the mechanisms to arise. And when they do, they can get very painful and debilitating.
TMJ Treatment for Headaches and Jaw Pain
At Braintree Dental Studio we treat TMD Syndrome with Orthotic Therapy. We use a 4 step process to achieve your ideal bite:
- Bite Assessment
- Discovering your ideal bite
- Recording your ideal bite
- Achieving your ideal bite with a number of options
TMJ therapy requires you to wear an unobtrusive upper appliance at night and possibly a small stress splint in the day. The appliances are clear and shaped to look like your natural teeth and most of our patients find them very easy to wear. When in place, the TMJ appliances will reposition your jaw into a more relaxed ideal bite. Wearing the TMJ appliance may also start to reduce any jaw and facial pain you have been experiencing along with the other symptoms associated with TMJ Syndrome.