Visiting your Dental Hygienist is a simple and easy way to achieve and maintain excellent dental health.
Dental Hygienists use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods to help prevent oral diseases whilst helping patients to achieve and maintain oral health. They will work with you to determine the best oral hygiene routine for your individual needs.
A Dental Hygienist plays a very important role in your dental health. Just a few of the tasks they perform include;
- Educating and counselling children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition.
- Removal of deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planning.
- Assisting in the prevention and control of dental caries (decay) and gum disease.
- Make impressions of patients\’ mouths for the construction of bleaching trays and mouth guards.
- Instruct patients on how to look after their teeth and gums after oral surgery.
- Help maintain and stabilise their gum disease so as to prolong the life of their teeth.
At Braintree Dental Studio we generally recommend routine visits every 6 months for a thorough examination and clean. We don’t all need significant restorative treatment but getting the right Preventive Care advice is important.